A sincere thank you to all the volunteers who turned out early (very early) this morning to set up Better Naito!
A group of the Better Naito set up volunteers
Hey Bike Funnists!
Better Block PDX is working with Rose Festival and many great partners to build a safe space for everyone to enjoy our downtown Waterfront!
We have heard that it can be frustrating to attend bike fun events that happen during work hours or late at night…. So, we have a solution! Come help lay the path for people on Naito Parkway at 4am Tomorrow Morning
! We need all hands on deck to make this happen before morning traffic on Naito! We also need folks with cargo bikes or trailers, so please bring them!
Set-up: We meet at Salmon & Naito at 4am, Salmon Street Fountain tomorrow! It may be dark – wear reflective gear if you have it or flashing lights. We hope to bring morning treats, but please eat before you come. From there we will split up into groups to put out cones, signs, and planter boxes. Let us know when you show-up if you came with a cargo bike or truck and would like to help transport.
We also need additional volunteers for data collection of pedestrian and bike counts during the project and ongoing maintenance of the pilot facility and you can sign up for those here:
Bring your friends and help us make a #BetterNaito!
Better Block Volunteer
Wanna help us build a Better Naito? We’re looking for Volunteers for these next two weeks, along with volunteers for set up and break down the day of!
Interested in helping us with any of the following? Let us know, Click Here to volunteer!
Naito Recreation, Friday May 22nd, starting at 4 am (Yes, it’s early) until finished
- Folks who can move planters and other various things from the staging area to their places on the road
- Folks to chalk the bike lane and pedestrian path
- Folks to set up detour and re-routing signs
- We will have various shifts throughout Better Naito to count the people walking, people on bikes, and people driving
- Periodic sweep to make sure the planters, etc. are in good shape
Switch to Two-Way Bike Lane, June 3rd
- Help us switch the bike lane to two-way at the start of Fleet Week
Breakdown and Storage, June 5th
- Come celebrate a job well done and a Better Naito by helping us clean up!
Materials Needed Day Of
- Do you have a Cargo Bike or a hand truck you are itching to use? Please bring it to the Set up or Breakdown!
Better Block PDX is excited to announce our collaboration with Metro, PBOT, Better Block PSU, and Transportation Commissioner Novick for a Better Naito for the 2015 Rose Festival! Click on our poster below to get the details.
Click Here to learn more
Click Here to Volunteer
Click Here to Donate